Located on the banks of the St. Lawrence River, Saint-Siméon’s town centre split from the parish in 1911, but was reunited again in April 2001.
Saint-Siméon’s more urban side offers access to the Saint-Siméon/Rivière-du-Loup Ferry Line that provides transportation to people and goods between the river’s North and South Shores. Back in 1940, the municipality became the turntable for development on both sides of the river, thanks to this communication freeway.
Like the beach in Saint-Irénée, Saint-Siméon’s beach is among the Charlevoix’s most well-attended. A long string of bays and inlets so typical of this sector also adds to its maritime charm and in places, also provides river access to canoe and kayak enthusiasts.
During the summer months, Saint-Siméon hosts le Festival de la ChantEauFête that has blossomed into a full-fledged success over the years.