Entering Charlevoix’s backcountry at the heart of the World Biosphere Reserve, the Traversée de Charlevoix follows one of Québec’s most beautiful natural paths. Surrounded by summits reaching up to 1000 meters, the trail will take you through various ecosystems.
The long hike, spanning seven days, links des Grands-Jardins national park to Mont Grand-Fonds through Charlevoix’s backcountry. Crossing the region’s typical semi-boreal forest, the trail features several slopes some of them steep due to the surrounding peaks. Footbridges allow for stream crossing. Hikers will enjoy the view on des Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie national park’s valleys and on sections of du Gouffre and Malbaie rivers that the trail will lead them to.
- 7 days on skis or on foot, with accommodation in 6 different chalets;
- Every day a new panorama of the Chraveloix crater;
- Independantly or with baggage transportation (transportation for groups only).
From Baie-Saint-Paul, follow Route 138 East, then Route 381 North to the welcoming station at kilometer 10.6.
- Registration at the welcoming area is compulsory before going hiking;
- During the hunting season, it is mandatory to wear the orange vest and cap.
It is always important to get information from the trail manager before going hiking.