Entering Charlevoix’s backcountry at the heart of the World Biosphere Reserve, the Traversée de Charlevoix follows one of Québec’s most beautiful natural paths. Surrounded by summits reaching up to 1000 meters, the trail will take you through various ecosystems.
This long hike trail that takes 3 to 4 days, links des Grands-Jardins national park to Mont Grand-Fonds, through Charlevoix’s backcountry. Crossing the region’s typical semi-boreal forest, the trail features several slopes some of them steep due to the surrounding peaks. Footbridges allow for stream crossing as well du Gouffre and Malbaie rivers that the course partially overlooks .
- 3 or 4 days on skis or on foot;
- Accommodation in 3 different chalets;
- Exit at des Hautes-Gorges-de-la-Rivière-Malbaie national park;
- 43 or 54 km hike.
From Baie-Saint-Paul, follow Route 138 East, then Route 381 North to the welcoming station at kilometer 10.6.
- Registration at the welcoming area is compulsory before going hiking;
- During the hunting season, it is mandatory to wear the orange vest and cap.
It is always important to get information from the trail manager before going hiking.